Sunday, August 24, 2008

Drive-in Church?



This a news story I seen on the tube, I mean plasma, the other night and couldnt believe what I was seeing. This is Daytona Beach Christian Church. The congregation has church service while sitting in their cars and the sermon comes in via the speakers! Honking is allowed for AMENs or a Hallelu when moved to do so. The story showed the clip on the news coverage had the place dang near full. Concession stand is for coffee, donuts and fellowship if you so desire. Bring your pet and dress as you want. Most people were middle aged or elderly. They would interview folks in their cars and one car was full with nothing but elderly people. I just never thought I would ever see this (not that there is anything wrong with that) I just never imagined this would be something I would ever see!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Hallelujah, I guess. Word is that soon a lot more stuff will be drive-thru and drive-in. They need to find ways to keep us permanently in our cars. It's good for the economy

Lil Midget said...

Wow. That's pretty amazing...Quite out of the ordinary..

Anonymous said...

That is pretty interesting.. had I have not seen this.. I would have never known this was possible.

Angela said...

well, it's different. i don't know if i will want to attend a drive through church.

Couture Carrie said...

Aaaah, nothin' like hearing the word of God from the comfort of your Mercedes!!!

Kira Aderne said...

that´s something really new, for sure. But, if it works, why not?

a kiss!